- First Baptist Church Oakwood has canceled all activities, including worship services, from Sunday, March 15 to Saturday, March 21.
- First Presbyterian Church has canceled corporate worship services on March 15 and March 22. All church events are canceled through March 22.
- Gainesville First United Methodist Church has canceled all activities from Sunday, March 15 through Sunday, March 22, including worship services and Sunday School classes.
- Grace Episcopal Church in Gainesville has canceled all activities and worship services until Saturday, March 28.
- Lakewood Baptist Church in Gainesville will not have any activities for the week of Sunday, March 15 through Saturday, March 21, including corporate worship and Wednesday night activities
- McEver Road United Methodist Church in Gainesville will suspend all church activities from Sunday, March 15 through Sunday, March 22. Worship services will be live-streamed on Facebook on the 15th and 22nd.
- Riverbend Church in Gainesville has canceled church activities from Sunday, March 15 to Saturday, March 21. The March 15th worship service will be live-streamed, although the worship center will be open should anyone want to attend.
The following public school systems will be closed from Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 20.
- Clarke County schools
- Fannin County schools
- Forsyth County schools
- Gainesville City schools
- Gwinnett County schools
- Hall County schools
- Jackson County schools
- Lumpkin County schools
- Towns County schools will be closed until further notice
- White County schools
The following public school systems will be closed for TWO weeks from Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27
- Barrow County schools
- Habersham County schools
- Jackson County schools
- Madison County schools
- Lakeview Academy in Gainesville will close Monday, March 16 and remain closed for at least one week
- Riverside Military Academy will move to online learning starting next week.
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
- All University System of Georgia colleges and universities have suspended instruction until March 29.
- Brenau University is suspending in-person classes and switching to online learning for the rest of the semester.
- Lanier Tech is extending spring break until March 23, the online learning.
- North Georgia Technical College will close all campuses the week of March 16, suspending all classes, both in-person and online.
- Piedmont College has extended spring break for a week and is moving to online learning on March 23 until further notice.
- Truett McConnell University will close Friday, March 13 at 5 p.m. and remain closed for two weeks. Students will be on spring break next week, and classes will be taught online from March 23-27.
OTHER CLOSINGS AND CANCELATIONS
- Hall County libraries and community centers will be closed for two weeks beginning Monday, March 16. Allen Creek Soccer Complex and Chicopee Agriculture Center also will be closed.
- Elachee Nature Science Center will be closed Saturday, March 14 through Sunday, March 22. All events and programs will be suspended during this time.
- The Boys and Girls Clubs of Lanier (Gainesville City, Hall County and Forsyth County) will be closed March 16-20.
- Aim to BE3 in Gainesville will be closed March 16-20.
- Dawson County Senior Services and Transit will close all services and programs with the exception of Meals on Wheels after Friday
- All Dawson County Parks and Recreation activities are suspended, starting Monday, March 16. Facilities at Rock Creek Park and Veterans Memorial Park are closed.
- All Gainesville Parks and Recreation athletics and programs canceled through March 28. Frances Meadows Center and other facilities closed until March 28. Parks are open, but pavilions not available for rent.
- All Habersham County Little League activities are suspended until at least March 30.
- The Lumpkin County Senior Center will be closed starting Monday, March 16 through the end of the month.
- The SAT test scheduled for Saturday, March 14 at Gainesville High School has been canceled until further notice by the College Board.
- The city of Lawrenceville has canceled the March 14th St. Paddy’s on Perry event.
- Northeast Georgia History Center in Gainesville will be closed to the public from March 14-21. Additionally, all public events at the History Center are canceled through March 28. Online programs and live stream programs will continue.